One Comment to 'Some Illegal Immigration Legislation Ideas from Utah'
:: Trackbacks/Pingbacks ::
If you feel your local city, county and state elected officials are not doing enough to stop the illegal immigration problem, take a few tips from Utah. Does your state representative need some ideas on how to help stop illegal immigrants from taking over your state? Feel free to copy and paste this list of illegal immigration legislation that Utah is considering during the upcoming session and email it to your representatives. Over ten illegal immigration bills!
• HB26 — Notary Public Revisions — Prevents notary publics from using driving privilege cards as proof of identity. Donnelson.
• HB95 — Document Fraud — Creates a civil penalty up to $75,000 for falsifying documents to unlawfully establish legal status. Rep. Karen Morgan, D-Cottonwood Heights.
• HB98 — Utah Employment Verification Act — Requires public employers participate in the federal employment verification program and keep records. Donnelson.
• HB237 — Illegal Immigration Enforcement Act — Gives certain local and state law enforcement officers the authority to enforce federal immigration law and perform some functions of federal immigration officers. Donnelson.
• HB239 — Driver License Qualifications — Repeals driving privilege cards for undocumented immigrants. Donnelson.
• HB241 —- Repeal of Exemptions from Nonresident Tuition — Repeal of 2002 law allowing undocumented immigrants pay in-state tuition if they attend a Utah high school for three years and graduate. Rep. Glenn Donnelson, R-North Ogden.
• HB257 — Employee Verification — Requires participation in the federal employment verification program as a condition for receiving certain economic incentives and procurement contracts. Rep. Stephen Sandstrom, R-Provo.
• HB262 — Recovery of Federal Reimbursement for Costs Associated with Illegal Immigrants — Requires attorney general to study state remedies to recover federal funds for costs associated with illegal immigration. Morgan.
• HB285 — Licensing Eligibility — Prevents Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing from issuing a license to undocumented immigrants. Sandstrom.
• SB97 — Immigration Task Force — Creates a bipartisan legislative task force to review and make policy recommendations on policies dealing with illegal immigrants. Sen. Scott Jenkins, R-Plain City.
• SB52 — Identity Theft Amendment — Authorizes restitution for identity theft victims. Sen. Carlene Walker, R-Cottonwood Heights.
That’s what I’m talking about! Voters spoke and local government listened.
Is your local government listening?